Skip to main content

About Us

Hii! I am Prachi, mother of boy-girl twins.. Now you must be thinking ah damn lucky u guys :p But trust me grass is always greener on the other side! Yes its fulfilling but surely not easy.. Well so let me know deviate..

Born and brought up in Pune, I was a very curious kid, more attracted towards different forms of arts. Also lucky enough to have supportive parents, who inspite of their disabilities were actively involved in my learning journey (My father has more than 80% hearing disability and my mother can only see with one eye that too high power) I got to learn classical music, Bharatnatyam, drawing, 'Rope mallkhamb', harmonium to name a few. After my 10th standard there was a lot of pressure from society 'Óh your daughter has scored 90% you have to send her to the science stream', but I enrolled for commerce. Completed my Chartered Accountancy and stepped up in the corporate world! During my studies, I also chose the guy I wanted to marry, and again in a very filmy way, we finally got hitched ;)

That's when I came to Bangalore, happy and excited to explore the new town! Both of us being avid travellers, weekends were spent visiting new places in and around Bangalore. My husband being one of the founder of the Yahama Riders Club (YRC) we had a great company of fellow bikers too :)

Around 4 years in the city and we decided to buy our own home, and it was a personal milestone for us to be able to own a house at the age of 26 completely self funded! Need to mention here- we were left with peanuts after this investment :P And then the another turning point in our lives when we got to know we were expecting twins! Woah, yes I love babies but really twins? Excited and overwhelmed, I could not plan a thing and decided to go with the flow..

My pregnancy was quiet smooth, I continued with work till 9 months, continued with my regular activities- light swimming, yoga, walks and so on.Who knew the 9 months is the only time when a woman can enjoy real 'me time'! My babies were born on 2 of Jan and I am really thankful to God for gifting me these tiny two souls :)

My son was a ELBW baby with 1.1 kg birth weight and daughter was 2.6. Went through a bad phase of PPD, lack of right information - and slowly began babywearing my babies. Life started improving and I became more confident. Back to Bangalore, with a help of daytime nanny started the real journey as a parent in a nuclear set up. Soon realised, I can manage things better and the dependency on maids is just making me handicap, so ditched my maid and started the real nuclear parenting journey, where my husband's role was equally important and he embraced it gracefully! There are many things which he does in a much better way and I have a lot to learn from him as a person! Again I thank my luck for having a like minded and supportive life partner :)

With babywearing we could slowly bounce back to our earlier lives to a great extent and could travel, step out with ease keeping our babies close, secure and happy! Since babywearing is a topic which not many people are aware of,I decided to dedicate my time for this cause and quit my job. That's how Snugbub was formed!

So here I am, a mompreneur, a mother of two who loves spending time with the kids and being involved actively in their learning process! I believe constructive learning happens even at home with dedicated efforts from parents. Watch this space to know more about the things we do, what helps us, what keeps us motivated and much more! Cheers :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajasthan Roadtrip 2023: All those things that helped

 I had just finished my exam and already was facing severe withdrawal symptoms! Tejas luckily had not so tight work schedule (he was still working on the go). Kids unschooling had the flexibility to plan their days. We thought this would be just the right time for a roadtrip!  At this point, we all reflected- what does each one of us seek from this adventure? It varied from fun to seeing new places, change, being together, etc.  And like always we worked as a team rather than child vs. parents, to help meet everyone's needs. Where to?  Rajasthan, a state none of us had explored earlier. We had already heard a lot of good things about the state from friends and family. And decided- "We will explore Rajasthan".  How: Yes, we did explore other modes of travel like train and flight, but then choosing these meant losing the flexibility we would get in our own vehicle. At the same time, car travel that far would translate to a longer duration as well. For us the pros of a roadt

Mind the mind! My Vipassana experience..

 It was pure curiosity that nudged me to sign up for the Vipassana meditation course. Had heard a lot of good things about it from acquaintances and decided to take the step!  But there are so many centers! Which one to choose? That's when I came across  Saee Bapat 's recommendation for the Tiruvannamalai Vipassana Center . And I decided to apply here.  Frankly, near and dear ones had a lot of reservations about this course, and rightly so, as we had very little information about it. Questions came up like: - It is religious? - You will be a changed person - These things are to be done during old age - Householders cannot sustain themselves here - What if something bad happens? Talking, phone access is not allowed even. But I am glad I listened to my heart and went ahead, this was one of the best things I have gifted myself! Now here's a short day-wise recollection of how the 10 days unfolded for me: Day 0: Arrived at the center just in time. The female coordinator told me

Snugbub Babywearing 101- Your Guide to baby slings, ergonomic carriers

Introduction This is a story of a typical woman who is expecting a child- abundant sleep (yes as per the concept of relativity), eating whatever and whenever she desires, lots and lots of shopping, catching up with friends, movies, maternity shoots, super supportive family members…… and then the day arrives when the much awaited baby(ies) pops out!! A moment of joy- absolutely! But what happens to the mother? Lack of rest, lack of sleep, constant pressure of ‘feeding right – feeding enough’, recovering physically, too many things to sort out which none of the pre natal classes taught her! And this is the phase when babywearing could become her best friend! So mums/ primary caregivers lets learn more how to make this happen- What is babywearing? Babywearing (BW) is keeping the baby close you, with the help of the modern BW carriers or a sadi or sturdy cotton dupatta. Here you will come across two terms- ergonomic carriers/ non ergonomic carriers. Ergonomic carriers are those,